zaterdag 30 januari 2010

The Road to the Sea


On her third day in Polranny, our guest Bernadette Paternotte writes: "Today I turned my back on Achill Sound and walked in the opposite direction. Turning left, I took a side road towards the coast. I stood there for a while, absorbing my surroundings and recording them with my camera.

At first it seemed grey and dingy, but later the heavens opened and everything became ever more colourful with a little rain, which was something I took in my stride.

An untouched coastal landscape: large and small stones staring up at me silently, some covered with greenish yellow seaweed. Long strands with little balls that popped under my weight, I slipped with every step.

The sea water murmured gently, the sky became bluer and the emerging sun felt warm on my skin."

Photos: Bernadette Paternotte

Geen opmerkingen: