zaterdag 23 januari 2010

The Next Day...

Polranny guest Bernadette Paternotte continues her Irish diary: "The next day I walked to Achill Sound. The weather was chilly and overcast but dry.



Achill Sound is located on Achill Island with a bridge connecting the island to Ireland. It's the largest Irish island with a circumference of some 144 square kilometres.

There was no bus in sight even after waiting for a while. My well-filled backpack made walking back rather difficult, so I made a virtue out of a necessity and picked the prettiest flowers alongside the road and took them home with me. Once I arrived, I arranged them in a vase and placed them on the kitchen table next to the window. This had become my favourite place for sitting and working."



Photos: Bernadette Paternotte

1 opmerking:

Polranny Pirates zei

I can't believe how romantic it looks